We are looking for a Principal Engineer (Ruby on Rails Architect) with solid understanding of Agile process and test driven development (TDD) to lead our enterprise platforms for a leading financial /Insurance company in Chicago.
The principal engineer provides technical leadership and mentors project team members for enterprise custom software applications. Principal Engineer collaborates with business stakeholders, both internal and external (i.e. product owners, subject matter experts and 3rd party vendors/partners as necessary).
What we offer :
Telecommuting (Work from Home) option for work-life balance.
This is a long term consulting , Full time position(40 hours a week) .
Flexible hours, stable company, great work environment and a lot of room for growth.
Contract to hire possibility for interested candidates.
· You will lead and collaborate with multiple software development teams, in a fast-paced Agile , iterative and collaborative environment as part of the Test Driven Development process, working with talented engineers and ensure goals and requirements of the business are met.
· Manages employees (as appropriate) including offshore, onshore and in house team development teams.
· Provide recommendation for new technology, process/methodologies and techniques
· Work with IT senior management team to define and execute on the team resource and expertise plan including onshore and offshore strategy.
· 10+ years of professional experience with architecture and designing, leading enterprise solutions development in the software space.
· Strong knowledge and hands-on multiple years with Ruby development (Ruby on Rails)
· Expert in Agile Software development and Test Driven Development (TDD) skills,Cucumber,RSpec.
· Experience with remote SSH work (Constant Skype interaction, TeamViewer pair programming)
· Strong with Unix/Linux shells (bash, sh, zsh, etc.) and scripting them
· Lead the team to achieve the KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and goals that has been set by the senior management, including but not limited to engineering excellence practice, the timeliness of delivering quality product and world-class solution up-time.
· Ruby on Rails, Prior experience with .NET or J2EE platform
OOP (Java/J2EE, C++, C#)
· SOA: RabbitMQ Padrino JSON Rails 3.2,IIS,SOAP
· GUI: Twitter Bootstrap, Backbone.js CoffeeScript jQuery
· DB: MongoDB, Postgres, MS SQL, MySQL
· Web services technologies such as SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST.
· Continous build servers : Jenkins
· TDD/BDD : rSpec, cucumber
Be a part of our innovative ,agile and well established technology team, where you will be challenged and have the opportunity to use the latest technology leveraging modern development practices and tools . Apply now.
Tell a friend
Tweet this job
Apply for this position
To apply for this position , please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com along with your salary /hourly rate expectations and availability .For immediate consideration , please reference ” Principal Ruby ” in the subject line of the email.